Sunday, January 29, 2012

Onalee's 1st birthday, Cowgirl

My brother and sister-in-laws daughter was celebrating her 1st birthday.  They asked me to do a cowgirl style birthday.  So my 4 year old that always wants to help me make cakes, helped with the cupcakes.  She was quite insistant that she help ice the cupcakes and roll the sides in sprinkles.  So with some guidance, that she accomplished.  I made the fondant toppers for the cupcakes and my 4 year old helped place them on top.  The cake was is red velvet cake with cream cheese/ marscopone icing.  The cowgirl hat was made of a gumpaste/fondant 50/50 blend.  The white daisy on that my 4 year old actually made after I showed her how.  She also made the little pink blossom flowers on the bottom of the cake embleshing the rope border.  The cake was super fun and cute to create.  Thanks for having a birthday Onalee and having me make the cake.















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment