Friday, May 6, 2011

A New Blog and New Beginnings

So my journey to decorating and making cakes, I'd like to say started when I was about 3.  As a child I enjoyed making lovely mudpies in our yard after rainy weather.  Thus my family nicknamed me mupdie.  The name has stuck.  In high school I loved the culinary arts classes.  Which took me several years later to culinary school.  About 7 years ago I graduated from Culinary School with a degree in Pastry Arts.  I was at the Western Culinary Institute located in Portland Oregon, a completely lovely and perfect city.  I loved school and learning lots of new techniques and having the most state of the art equipment.  My favorite areas of study were cakes, sugar art, plated desserts, and chocolate work.  I have been teaching cake decorating now for 6 years and love the students and seeing their cake successes.  So I decided to make my own cake blog, so family and friends can see my creations and also perhaps give me chances to make new creations.  Enjoy the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment